Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Stay Cool

Hi everyone! Yeah for hump day. :) I'm still traveling (for work), and I'll be in my fifth hotel room tomorrow-gah! I'm looking forward to being home at the end of the week.

It's time for another My Favorite Things Challenge! You can see this week's sketch HERE. Lots of cool ways to use this sketch...

Here's what I made:

Stay Cool

I can't take credit for the awesome ICEE (Slurpee) idea. My friend Miriam said the Cool Cup die from My Favorite Things was like a Slurpee. I technically went with an ICEE since it was easier to mask. ;)  I die-cut the Cool Cup parts and blended them with inks. For the lid, I used acetate.

The sentiment was made by stamping and clear embossing the "Stay Cool" sentiment from the Stay Cool set. Next, I foiled over the clear embossing using a technique I saw on one of Jennifer McGuire's videos (brilliant!). The sentiment was distressed, so the imperfect foiling worked. ;) Here's a close-up:

Stay Cool

For the rest of the sketch, I die-cut the new Stitched Arch STAX out of patterned paper. I was going to add a vellum heart, but I thought the negative scrap was cooler.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with this week's MFT challenge! You can link up your projects HERE.

Have a great day! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: Stay Cool
Cardstock: Wild Cherry, Kraft
Other: Gold Deco Foil; gold heart from Freckled Fawn October Kit

9 comments:

  1. Love the gorgeous pops of red and blue with just a touch of gold, so so PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Jocelyn! I love the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I prefer my recent travels to your current travels. ;) How fun that you branded your cup! I think *fun* describes this entire card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome ... and no calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that is just too clever.. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out! I love how you made the ICEE, it looks perfect and it was great to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So COOL, Jocelyn! I swear I can taste that ICEE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs