Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thanks, Teacher!

It's that time of year again--the last week of school. My daughter is looking forward to sleeping a little longer, but generally she's sad that it's her last week. She's moving to a new (magnet) school next year, and I think that has added to the finality. :(

I made a thank you card for her teacher, and I used Paper Smooches stamps for the card:



I used a whopping 5 different PS sets on this card. The card started with the idea of turning the hamburger in the Think Fast set into a vase. Yep, that's a hamburger. Then I realized I could make the perfume bottle in Retail Therapy a vase, too...

I actually did a great job masking off the bottom and lining up the vases. As you can see, I then ended up covered the masking with patterned paper. Doh! For once I'd like to think through a card entirely before I make it. Ha ha

The vases are stamped in Brilliance ink, and you can see the shimmer in the close-up:



For the flowers, I used the Retail Therapy, A Magical Spring, and Bold Blooms. I love how Kim includes small stamps like these in every set.

My card is on the Paper Smooches blog. If you get a chance, please stop by and check it out. :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Rustic White) PTI
Patterned paper: (gingham from Hopscotch; woodgrain from Trendsetter) Fancy Pants
Clear stamps: (flowers from Retail Therapy, A Magical Spring, Bold Blooms; perfume and vase from Retail Therapy; hamburger/vase from Think Fast; sentiment from Smarty Pants)
Punch: (apron punch) Fiskars
Ribbon: (pink/yellow ribbon) May Arts

17 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the colours and turning a hamburger into a vase is so clever! I'm going to have to pull out my set to see how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Jocelyn! You are kind of a genius with your hamburger vase, I love that you used three sets on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card...I love the shelf of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 sets? Insanity! This is just totally spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! I love the creative vases and shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card. I love your creative use of stamps to make the vases. The shelf you put them on that you made with a border punch is even great. Its a very nice thinking outside the box card. I'm going to follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no fun at all in completely thinking a card through before you begin. ;) This card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh Jocelyn... this card is so sweet!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love how creatively you used your stamps. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. so totally cute and i LOVE that ribbon..great color combo..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who would've thought to make a hamburger a vase... you did!! what a gorgeous card Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!
    It is a very nice design.
    So cute :) :) :)
    From Japan.
    Ryoma Sakamoto.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the sweetest teacher thank you card I think I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, not only is this card super-pretty but it is also super-genius as well!! I *love* how you stretched your stamps like that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs